Friday, May 17, 2013

The ball is officially rolling....

I called DCS yesterday morning and left a message letting them know that we are interested in becoming foster/resource parents.

After playing phone tag, we finally caught up with each other. I was advised to call the agency who handles training and register for classes. The lady was very nice and although she started out with a "stressed out" tone, she ended the call in a much brighter mood. We are also supposed to be contacted within the next week from someone else at DCS, and then again every 30 days until we complete training.

I called the agency to register for classes. I was sad to find out that the next round that is available doesn't start until July 11, 2013. I was so hoping to begin sooner. However, they have put us on a list for a Saturday class and will call us if space opens up for my husband and I.

My girls were hoping to be involved with the classes. They want so badly to help. I get that the topics covered may be a little more detailed than what they need to be exposed to, but we have always been a family who is upfront about things. So, I will be instructing private classes for them (leaving out anything too graphic).

So, now we wait on the call from DCS.

EXCITING!

No comments:

Post a Comment